Swiss Winter Accounting Conference 2018
February 6 - 8, 2018
Join us for our accounting conference in the Jungfrau region, one of the top winter sports resorts of Switzerland at the foot of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau.
The Swiss Winter Accounting Conference invites accounting scholars from across Europe to Grindelwald for two days of academic presentations, networking and outdoor recreation (skiing, sledding, snowboarding, snowshoeing) in a fantastic environment.
The scientific program will consist of plenary presentations and discussions of selected papers.
The Swiss Winter Accounting Conference is organized by the Managerial Accounting Section of the Institute for Accounting at the University of Bern.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Performance management and incentives
- Target setting and target management
- Planning and budgeting
- Organizational design and management control systems
- Transfer pricing
- Executive compensation
- Governance and control of interfirm relationships
- Earnings and revenue management
- Accounting information facilitating effective decision making
Submission deadline is September 15, 2017.
Please submit papers to email@example.com. Acceptance of papers will be announced one month later.
Registration deadline for the conference is November 15, 2017.
|Tuesday, 06.02.2018||6:30 p.m.||Welcome reception and dinner|
|Wednesday, 07.02.2018||7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast|
|8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.||Session 1|
|10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||
Skiing or other outdoor recreation
|5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.||Session 2|
|Thursday, 08.02.2018||7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast|
|8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.||Session 3|
|10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||Skiing or other outdoor recreation|
|5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.||Après-Ski|
|Friday, 09.02.2018||Departure or another skiing day|
Registration and venue
The Swiss Winter Accounting Conference will take place at the Hotel Sunstar Alpine Grindelwald.
Registration fee of CHF 350.- includes access to accepted papers, dinner on all three evenings at the hotel and a two-day ski pass for the Jungfrau region. In addition, there will be an accommodation fee for three nights. Participants of our conference enjoy special rates (single room CHF196.70, double room CHF176.70 per person; including breakfast and access to the wellness facilities). It is mandatory for the participants to stay at the conference hotel Sunstar Alpine Grindelwald.
Registration for the conference will be open shortly after the submission deadline and will be announced here. Registration deadline is November 15, 2017.
How to get there
Sunstar Alpine Hotel Grindelwald
The conference hotel "Sunstar Alpine" is located in beautiful Grindelwald around 2 hours away from Bern airport by train and around 3 hours away from the airports Zürich, Basel and Geneva.
- Zürich airport: Largest airport in Switzerland. Frequent and direct connections to all major cities and capitals in Europe. Direct trains from Zürich airport to all major cities in Switzerland.
- Geneva airport: Frequent and direct connections to all major cities in Europe. Direct trains from Geneva airport to all major cities in Switzerland.
- Basel airport: Direct connections to major cities in Europe. The airport bus line (NFB 50) frequently operates (approx. every 15 minutes) between Basel airport and Basel train station. Direct trains from Basel train station to all major cities in Switzerland.
- Bern airport: Small regional airport. Direct connections only to few cities in Europe (e.g. Amsterdam, Cologne/Bonn, Vienna). The airport bus line (NFB 334) frequently operates (approx. every half hour) between Bern airport and Bern train station. Direct trains from Bern train station to all major cities in Switzerland.
Frequent train service (every hour to half hour) to Grindelwald is available from all major cities in Switzerland (Bern/Zürich/Basel/Geneva). Take the express train to Interlaken Ost (terminal stop) via Bern. The train from Interlaken into the center of Grindelwald runs every half hour and takes approx. 35 minutes.